- Coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 red-skinned sweet potato, peeled, cut into cubes
- 2 15 oz cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a small dollop of coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium- high heat. Add onion and sauté until golden brown. Add chili powder and stir for 1 minute. Add zucchini and stir for 1 minute. Add broth and potato.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low and simmer about 10-15 minutes. Add tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer uncovered until thickened, approx 15 more minutes. Mix in cilantro and orange peel. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate.
Makes 4-5 servings.