• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 1/2 can pinto beans or black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast (omit or replace with tempeh of tofu to make vegan)
• 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
• 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
• salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup salsa
• 1/2 avocado, chopped
• salad greens
• hot sauce (if desired)
• Combine cooked quinoa, beans, chicken or tofu or tempeh, bell peppers, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
• When ready, combine above mixture with the remaining ingredients to create your taco salad.
Makes 2 serving.