• 1/3 cup natural peanut or almond butter
• ¼ cup water
• 2 tbsp coconut sugar
• 3 tbsp. tamari or low sodium soy sauce
• 1 ½ tbsp. rice vinegar
• Fresh ginger, grated, to taste
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 container extra firm tofu or tempeh
• 1yellow onion, chopped
• 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 2 heads broccoli, chopped
• 1 container shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 2-3 cups green beans, sliced
• ¼ cup cashews, chopped
• Cooked brown rice or quinoa
• If using tofu, drain and set on towels with weight, to drain for 30 minutes.
• In a bowl, combine first 7 ingredients with a whisk and set aside for sauce.
• Add oil to nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Then add tofu or tempeh, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and green beans. Cook until veggies are tender but still a little crisp.
• Add in sauce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in cashews.
• Serve over rice or quinoa.
Makes 2-3 servings.
Get your FRE Guide to start your non-diet weight management plan today!