- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 bag shaved brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. butter or vegan butter
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (can be frozen)
- 1 ½ tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (can be omitted or use vegan parm substitute)
- ¼ cup pepitas
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Bring broth to boil and add quinoa. Cover, lower heat, and simmer about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- Combine Brussel sprouts with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and spread on baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt butter in heavy-bottom skillet over medium/high heat. Add coconut sugar and butternut squash and sauté about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Combine quinoa, Brussel sprouts, butternut squash, parmesan cheese, and pepitas in a large bowl. Toss and serve.